Friday, June 22, 2012

Take Me to Tupelo.

This was not the intended post for today, but radio inspiration hit me as I drove the back roads home today...so sit back and let me tell you a little story...

When Joe and I met is was a furious and fast mess of love.  Week one? Joe traded the very talented Adam Forman a pair of lederhosen for our matching tattoos.  Week two?  Road trip to Tupelo.

We got in the car after work on a friday in Detroit, and headed south.  We drove through Nashville as the bars were about to close and strolled though town, enjoying country music and last calls.  We pulled into Tupelo at sunrise, green fields stretched out on either side of a long road.  We got two cups of coffee and watched the day dawn sitting on the porch steps of Elvis' boyhood home, just the two of us.

We got to town just in time for a weekend jam packed with Elvis fest, seedy hotel rooms, and barbecue till we dropped.  We were there in particular to see Paul Thorn (aside from Elvis, Tupelo's other native son).  We danced and loved, and the as they say...the rest is history folks.

As I drove home today Paul was live on the radio, as he is doing a show at The Ark tonight.  No one can melt me with a good southern drawl like he can, and it was a flood of sweet, sweet memories as I turned up the radio and sang along.  Thank you Mr. Thorn...xoxo, e.  Listen here or here to a little ditty while you gaze at that good lookin' man.


More tomorrow...I have to pack for vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment