Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crazy. Crazy Good.

I believe this is what they call the "sweet spot" of summer.  We finally have some days filled with tolerable sunshine and pleasant breezes.  The shop hit 100 sales.  The air is off, the windows are open.  Vacation is a sweet not-so-distant memory, and preparations for the Hootenanny are well under way.

So this is just a hodge-podge of a post about the pleasantries of life.  A few random vacation pics to get the ball rolling, and then we'll wrap things up with a lovely budding friendship.  I know so many of you will be in Leelanau heaven yet this summer...so here are few of my favorite things!




On day one, hour one, on the beach, my mom found a Petoskey stone.  Joe yelled out "Oh my God they are so rare!"  Which became the joke of vacation, as throughout the week we found hundreds.  If I told you where, I'd have to kill you...sorry!


Mom and Dad's first trip to L. Mawby!  One of my fondest childhood memories is of my mom and dad, every Sunday after church, having champagne together.  There was nothing sweeter than sitting in the vineyard and sipping some sparkling wine with them on a beautiful day!



Willow, not the greatest wine, but the greatest view!


Little Bee's in Sutton's Bay - Home to delicious gelato, Italian ices made with fresh fruit puree, and an adorable husband and wife funky retro couple...named after his Grandma Bee!  GO THERE!


Sadie loved her first watermelon/cherry ice!


Chateau Chantal...can't beat that breeze on a perfect Old Mission day!



2 Lads - Best wine and best company in all of the Traverse wineries.  We were served for an hour by one of the "2 Lads" who was gracious, knowledgable, and adorable.  (there were hugs given and emails exchanged).


Coco:  "Lets just get this over with mom."
And when you see 80 year old women and 2 year old children at the top, well, you really have no excuse.



The Dune Climb.  Coco insisted that there should have been some kind of better "reward" for reaching the top.  All she got was "jumping off the dunes" lessons from Joe...they are the tiny two on top of the dune ;).


Our sweet neighbor's luscious home, filled with primitives, antiques, perfect old quilts, barkcloth curtains, baskets hanging from hooks on ceilings...etc, etc.  Perfection.  (and a bear in her yard on night 2 of vacay!)

Part 2.  I have this friend who plays guitar in this Band, and there is this tall leggy blond lead singer whom i adore.  She is just good people.  Well, she did a sweet little blog post that may or may not mention me ;).  I love her blog, and she is doing a giveaway this week for a Shabby Apple gift card (really sweet reproduction vintagey goodness clothing!).  So head on over to Dressed Up Like a Lady, enter the giveaway, and look at the pretty lady in the pretty dress!  (And click the band link to get a peak at The Canastas who will be playing the hootenanny!!)  

It's just been a Crazy Good summer!

2 comments:

  1. Heehee, all these non-Michiganders are probably reading this going "Pe-what-skey stones?"

    I don't think I've ever seen anybody callously drill a hole through a Petoskey and turn it into a heavily-marked-up piece of earthy looking pro-Michigan jewelry. And in Ann Arbor, you KNOW there are rich hippies who would buy that shit. Just shows how beloved those stones really are!

    Anyway, imagine how I blushed when I got to the end of this post! I can't wait to come meet you and see your gorgeous family and farm in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um, not as much as I blushed when I read yours...and the love fest continues...

      Delete