Sunday, September 23, 2012

San Fran or Bust.

Cali day three...San Francisco!

We woke up early on Saturday because Allison said we had to get to the city for breakfast.  Had to!  There aren't too many restaurants that Allison, our resident chef and foodie, insists on.  But, she insisted on Tartine.  And she was right.

We stopped on the way into the city to take a few pics at a beautiful scenic overlook.  It was windy and freezing, but beautiful none-the-less.

But we were hungry, so onward and upward.  I will not lie - I was a bit put off when we pulled up to Tartine and saw the line wrapping around the building.  But the smells and sights were intoxicating, and so we waited.  When we finally approached the counter we may or may not have panicked and ordered one of everything (or close to it.)  Pastries, quiche, breads baked with olives and ham and goodness, and *OH* the coffee!

We carried our little sacks of treasures and walked over to Delores Park for a picnic.  We were surrounded by palm trees, yoga groups, and enough people watching to keep us there for the day...but we had one day and a whole city, so keep it movin' people!




Oh mamma.  Talk about delicious.  


Sorry, Allison, about the mouthful shot...someone (hhmmm, kelly) hasn't uploaded her pics yet, and I had to get one of you in here.  And Kelly is so happy because she ordered the above pictured croissant!


A sunny walk out onto the peir.


China town protest parade...so many beautiful sights and sounds!


We stopped in China Town for a light lunch (ok, it was our first lunch of many for the day, but it was light.) That is Kelly in the middle not crossing on a red light like the rest of us did.  And just look at the beautiful tea with fresh herbs!


The Bridge.


And Again.


The Sights.


The amazing hat shop in the Haight Ashbury district - Goorin Brothers.  The Haight was full of good vintage and second hand stores, where I scored pair of cowboy boots #2 (not the smartest thing for a girl who only brought a small carry on, but I shoved in my new pairs of boots and fiesta ware (don't judge.., I can't pass up $1 fiesta ware))!

In closing, I'd just like to acknowledge what a lucky girl I was to have had this weekend away.  Five days of eating, of belly laughing, and of having sleep-overs with my two besties...the women whom I never get sick of...whom I tell my deepest darkest secrets and dreams to....the women who make me a better woman, wife, and mother...Thank You!  I love you bunches!   xoxo, e.

1 comment: