Monday, June 3, 2013

Have a Little Faith, Honey.



While driving home on a sultry summer night last week, just outside of town, we spotted something.  Something sitting out for the trash...something wonderful.  I pulled into the driveway of the little farmhouse, and waved on the folks behind us who were also going to stop.

A perfect glider.  What in the hell?

I made Joe knock on the door because I thought "there is no way someone put this out for the trash!"

A twenty-something in a bathrobe, full beard, and chest tattoo answered the door and said it was all ours!  (it was a pretty hot seen by the by).  Then I looked at it, then at the  Nursecar (Ford Focus), then at Joe.

"Have a little faith, honey," he said to me.  "It's like a tetras...I just have to fit it in just right."

Coco was yelling "tie it to the roof," and I was offering to walk the last 5 miles and just carry it (because there was no way that I was leaving it there).  (All the while distracted by the hot bearded tattoo guy) (hoping he would offer me a cocktail and offer to deliver it to my house).

But lo and behold, Joe fit that damn thing in.  And now it lives at my house.  And matches my porch furniture.  Score team Cesarz!

xoxo, e.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a seriously awesome roadside find for the records books! Tony and I love glider swings as well, and have long said that if we ever get a place of our own with a fenced yard (or the right kind of porch), we're going to get one, too.

    Have a great summer of glider swinging!
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice comment on my outfit post today. What a touching complement to know that this is your favourite outfit I've posted so far. ♥

    ReplyDelete