Thursday, November 15, 2012

Patience and Patients.

Some days, (most days), I have my own agenda.  I have a bunch of patients to see, in a particular order, all over the greater Michigan area.  In my head, every patient will be sitting in their room, smiling, and waiting for me to visit them.

Not even close.

Today, I had to be a patient little music therapist.  My patients were busy living life today, and I had to wait my turn to spend time with them.  I sat through the rosary, a communion service, a "four corners" and a "cover all" bingo...do you know how long a "cover all" takes in a nursing home?  ;)

It was a good thing that I had my school marm, or librarian, or "someone considering entering the convent" outfit on today.  (which is also appropriate because my first stop was indeed a convent!)  A solid peter pan collar and sensible shoes kept me grounded...and patient, all day.


Peter Pan Blouse:  thrifted
Cranberry Cardigan:  thrifted
Corduroy Duck Skirt:  best thrift of the week
Dansko Oxfords:  First purchase with first ever paycheck after college (wow these are old!)
Sensible shoes last forever people!
Chicken:  Dolly Parton, ran up to mom when I got out of the car, wanted to be held.

Wrapping up the work week with a "Cowboys and Campfires" party at a nursing home tomorrow 
(Yes to any excuse to wear cowboy boots to work!).  

xoxo, e.

No comments:

Post a Comment