Monday, May 20, 2013

In Slow Motion.

We had a friend over for Sunday brunch, and in chatting my beautiful friend said something that really struck me.  She said that since she became a mother, everything has slowed down...as in, she wants to see things with her daughter in slow motion.  She want to watch the leaves unfold one at a time, or drag out this beautiful spring by weeding the garden with her little one...slowly, lovingly.

This morning, over coffee, I was reading one of my farming magazines.  There is a cooking section with old recipes, and a section where one can write in and ask for help remembering old recipes.  As in, "What was the cake recipe on the side of the Hershey's box that called for three eggs?"

It warms my heart that there are still people in this world that don't just google things.  There are people that write letters to magazines, wait for those letters to be published, and then wait patiently for responses.  And then probably bake the Hershey's cake from their childhood.

For the love of God good friends, let's slow down.  Let's enjoy every minute of this beautiful season unfolding before us.  

I will not worry about planting, or painting, or laundry, or the shop.  I will drop everything to go fishing, or have popsicles on the porch.  I will have an extra cup of coffee with a farm journal instead of doing paperwork first thing in the morning.  I will lay on a blanket in the field with Coco and let the goats eat grass around us.


Let's take this summer slowly and enjoy it together!  


xoxo, e.

No comments:

Post a Comment