Friday, August 31, 2012

Sometimes You Have a Really Bad Day...

...and then you have lunch with celebrities.

I was chatting at lunch the other day with my girlfriends about recent life activities, and my friend Allison kept saying "But it looked so perfect in your blog."  My response repeatedly was "blogs are a facade."  Right?  We generally don't post negativity, unflattering photos of ourselves, or pictures of our messy homes....do we?

But today was a bad day.  I was certain the first patient I went to see was dead...until he opened his eyes, lunged at me, and yelled "What do you want!!#$%*."  (ok, maybe I leaned in too close - I was checking for breathing!).  Next, I had to drive downriver to cover someone else's patients and I got stopped by a non-moving train - for an hour.  When I finally made it home, Trixie had been a terrorist puppy and had eaten a shoe, a box of tissues, and wicker basket.  Each of these things independently seems tolerable, but compound they were just too much.  I was sitting on the couch crying, telling Coco that sometimes your day seems so bad - like it will never ever get better - but it always does.

Then a voicemail came through on my phone.  It was my girlfriend Kelly saying "this is no time to not answer your phone - Barry Weiss at the Roadhouse in an hour...put on something cute and get over here stat!!!"

Kelly and Alex are our good friends, and proprietor's of Zingermann's Roadhouse.  Chef Alex is old friends with Barry, from Storage Wars on A & E, who was passing through town and wanted to stop in for lunch.  It was lovely.  It was as much fun as one would imagine having lunch with Barry would be.  We tried not to embarrass ourselves (or Alex,) but really it was just a super fun afternoon.


I promised Kelly I would photoshop this before posting it, but that wouldn't be any fun  - would it?
It's perfect the way it is - with Kelly's body wrapped around Barry, and me with only one leg.  wtf?


Barry had to borrow Coco's crayon to write something very important - Coco is certain of it.


Fine Kelly, I fixed it.  I took 50% of our weight off (why doesn't it look like that much?), and added a peg leg.  ok, it does look better this way.

Just a final note...Joe had to leave for work just as Barry was getting there.  They shook hands, exchanged pleasantries, and then Joe gave him a can of hair product (which he insisted was perfect for Barry's hair type.)   Well, we almost didn't embarrass ourselves.  xoxo, e.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha. oh, I'm laughing so hard! love this post, love the pegleg (seriously? you can make people skinny on photoshop? wow) love your writing~ (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lesson for Coco. It's OK to cry when things get you down. But great, fun things are always right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete