Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Girls Put Your Records On.

My good friend Allison has a lovely food blog, The Last Bite, and she often tells us what is playing in the kitchen.  I am directly pilfering this idea from her (because if you steal blog ideas, give credit where credit is due...right girls?).

I try to do photo shoot for the shop once a week, because it's an ordeal.  I move furniture, clear walls, and collect all of my little pretties - and then plow through for a few hours (and then clean it all up ;).   I love the pictures I take of my items, like little still life vignettes.  When you take beautiful pics, people feature your items in treasuries - shop owner curated collections with a theme - some by color, some by thought or whimsy. And therefor,  your items get more views.  Like free publicity.  Here are two that were made this afternoon featuring my goodies... Vintage Charm, and Bubblegum Vintage Style.

On to the point.  To get me through photo shoot day, I put my records on.  Here are a few things playing on repeat in my life...enjoy!

It's no secret that Jack White and I have a thing (in my head anyway).  But good Lord, can you blame me?  Everything this man touched turns to gold.  Jack's new album, Blunderbuss, comes out April 24.  Until then, enjoy the first single (featuring the sweet Miss Ruby Amanfu)!    Love Interruption

I am waiting to get tired of this album, but I just don't.  I listened to it as I packed up the old house, and I still am.  Anytime really, but always - always - in the bathtub.  Have a little minute for yourself with Mr. Ray Lamontagne...Like Rock & Roll Radio

I have a patient right now that looooves old country and gospel.  I get to run through all of my Secret Sisters covers with her (which are mostly just old country covers themselves)...Oh My Heart Skips a Beat

Anytime, anywhere, Neko Case (featuring the just-as-delicious-Kelly Hogan)
I Wish I Was the Moon Tonight

And I would, of course, be remiss if I didn't include the Indigo Girls...the quintessential music of my springs, past and present.
Closer to Fine Live, Lilith Fair  (well this one brings back memories of Lilith Fair debauchery)  (And, when Amy and Emily tell us to sing along, they are speaking directly to me.  They like it when I sing along.  Don't get any ideas.)

Photo Shoot!!!



My etsy shop workers.


Kittenpants is on break.


Wait, so is Martha.


Wait, so is Florence.  Ok, so I don't pay them much.
At least the painters were busy working today...home improvement pics next post!

1 comment:

  1. Inspiration! Thank you! (: (must get that album (Jack White). ~Amy

    ReplyDelete