Friday, March 23, 2012

He's Got the Moves Like Jagger.

Joe and I officially will have loved through a decade this month.  It was a cold March night (snuggle in and get a drink, this could take awhile), and my friend Jeremy insisted that we had to go see Bob Log III at the Elbow Room.  He also insisted that we get there early enough to see the opening band, Scotty Karate and JoJo Buns because, well, how could we miss that nonsense?  And from there something beautiful was born.  Spring bloomed quickly that year, just like our love (did you like that? did you see what I did there?)...I'm kidding, and we'd better stop this story before there are impromptu tattoos involved.

If you know nothing else about my husband, know that he can dance.  And so it was in the beginning.  He wooed me with his moves.  In those first few weeks, he only wore a powder blue three piece suit as his "going out" attire.  Sometimes just a vest and pants, sometimes a suit coat and pants...rarely a shirt to be had.  We danced.  We got sweaty and he and that damned suit smelled like my man.  And I was done for.

Fast forward 10 years.  Now I know some of you can't handle the Ypsi Value World, but for me, the dingier the better.  The darker and dirtier a thrift store is, the more likely I am to find something amazing there for 49 cents.  We were checking out last week, and out of nowhere "I got the moves like Jagger" came on the loudspeaker....like an omen, or a prophecy.  Joe couldn't stop himself, for he did, indeed, have the moves like Jagger.  The cashier looked from me to him helplessly, not sure how to proceed.  But he kept right on dancing, and she laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

I love me that man, and he did a lot of work around the farm this week.   Xoxo JoJo Buns!!

First Date probably looked something like this (Joe at the drums)


And he still takes me dancing.


And he paints my bathrooms.  I really love this color...but I loooove the upstairs bathroom color 
(almost done)!!



And I had the best fence painters around.



Coco is totally wearing a Scotty Karate and JoJo Buns tee shirt to paint, one that I bought at that first show.  I used to wear it with my J Lo jeans.  Yes,  that shirt used to fit me.  And yes, I owned J Lo jeans.  Sweet Dreams ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! A man who takes you dancing is such a keeper. ;) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete