Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Eating Brains...and pie.

Jojo Buns was my hero today.  I had to play a bunch of nursing home parties, and he stepped up to the plate for me.  He made a big batch of caramel corn and a veggie tray for Coco's classroom party, dressed up in suspenders and a tie, and then spent the afternoon being room dad and taking lots of pics for me.

When we all got home, I ran upstairs to layer as many shirts as would fit under my sweater...because it was cold as hell and there was freezing rain.  When I came back down, Zombie Joe was was making pie two ways...beef sirloin pot pie with carrots, potatoes, squash, onions, and a lush brown gravy...and apple pie for dessert.

Trick or treating with Joe went something like this.  Coco asked if it was raining, and Zombie Joe said "yes, raining brains and I'm gonna eat them all and put some in my pocket so mom can have some later."  His response to everything all night pretty much involved eating brains.  Before Coco ran up to each house Zombie Joe would yell "Go Get Em' Coco!"  Loudly.  As if there was a chance that she was maybe not going to get candy if she didn't nail her approach. (although she was disappointed when she got a coupon at one house...until I explained that the coupon got her lunch at Big Boy...oh yeah.)





Zombies and Witches


Vampires and Day of the Dead
(thanks Coco Rosie for helping me make fun pics!)

Zombie Joe only made one little girl cry all night.  She pointed and said he was really scary, to which her mother replied "Oh, he's just a mime!"   ????
To which Joe replied "Yes, a mime who likes to eat brains!!!!"

Now if you'll excuse me, I have all kinds of pie to eat!!  Happy Halloween!!   xoxo, e.

No comments:

Post a Comment