Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Build Me A Mudroom.



So, I have this hallway at the top of the basement stairs.  It's just a walk through space, really, to the laundry room.  We end up kicking off our boots and shoes there, and those piles of boots and shoes drive me nuts.  The sweet little hallway was just such a waste of usable space.

So I said "Joe, build me a mudroom."   And he did.  And I love it.  Old wood, rusty hooks and nails...just a few of my favorite things.  A bench for Coco to put on her shoes, a closet for the vacuum and Joe's obsessive collection of swiffers.  Hooks, shelves, and baskets to stuff things into and hang things on....all so perfect.  A lovely rug, some pillows and some drying Sweet Annie to tie it all together.  Yes please, and thank you.  I may sleep in there tonight...just maybe.



And in other news, I scored this at the thrift store this week.   More on accordions and my polish catholic upbringing at a later time.  But know that I will play this for you, and you will love it.


And still in other news, we taught the farming chapter at Coco's school.  Little hands planting little seeds, excitedly learning where their food comes from.  And then Coco projectile vomited and daddy carried her home.  The End.


p.s...clearly I found instagram and all it's magic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment