Saturday, April 20, 2013

Les Mis. Oh Yeah.


Joe and I snuggled down to watch Les Miserables tonight.  While I was in one of the first showings in the theater, with a bucket of popcorn all to myself, Joe is a bit too, um, antsy? to sit through movies in the theater.  In all honesty, it is a well established family fun fact that the last movie that Joe went to with me was RENT, circa 2005.  I will say that we are half way through, and while he has done quite a bit of dancing, Joe has not even broken a tear yet...what is wrong with him???  I'm sobbing! (and singing ;).

Coco started up in her room, watching something else, but migrated downstairs, drawn in by the singing.  When I was about her age, my parents began taking us to "adult" musicals.  Toledo always had an amazing line up of traveling broadway shows come through each year, and my amazing parents spoiled us year after year.  Jesus Christ Superstar, Phantom, Chicago, etc, etc...and Les Mis countless times.  I had so many t-shirts and sweatshirts with the little face of Cossette on them (seen above) from our yearly excursions.

We are better for it...this began my life long passion for singing...which is fervently being passed on to my little one.  My parents always made sure there was money and time for my voice lessons...they let me follow my passion from a very young age.   Furthermore,  my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins came to every little recital and concert, in every little coffee shop or church in Toledo.  Thank You!!!

And here we are, singing along to Les Mis as a family on the couch...and this is what life is made of.  And, since I'm not getting off the couch to record me singing or something more ambitious, I give you the Huron River Players puppet version of One Day More.  This is one of my best friends, her children and family.  Home made puppets, credits...high class good old fashioned family fun.   Seriously, click it. I am proud say that these are my people!

Enjoy!

xoxo, e.




2 comments:

  1. I love you!!!!! and I love your people!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too. And your hipster wines. Notice I said "one of my best friends"...as in you are the other.

      Delete