Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Goats and Peacocks and Possums...Oh My!

Part One of Two.

The last few weeks have been spent whistfully and wonderfully waiting for spring...and I've been snuggling and acquiring animals whilst I wait!

First a quick update - Infertility - 2, Erica - 0.  Round two was bad.  I think that the hormones were messing with my body so much that I started an entire week late.  An entire week that I took pregnancy tests like a crazy person, because I wasn't starting...so how could I not be pregnant?  Again?  Sigh.  I'm taking a breather.  We'll regroup and try again in a few months.

Now onto the animals!  Kelly's goats have been popping out babies for a solid month now.  Most of them nurse on the mamma just fine, but a few mamma's didn't make it, and a few didn't bond with their babies....so bring on the bottle babies!  Their moms or moms with extra milk get milked, and bottle babies get hand fed with that milk.  One never seems to have enough hands, or bottles.  They will nurse on your fingers, or your double chin (they're not really picky :) while they are waiting their turn.  Oh my God I love those little babies!


I'm the most popular girl in the barn. (when I have the milk).


Oh, Hello Ladies!


Babies in sweaters.  Seriously.
There are still plenty of pregnant mammas, so if you want to go love on some little lovey goats, just let  me know.  I know people.

xoxo, e.

p.s.  This post was feeling long winded...so, tomorrow I give you peacocks!

2 comments:

  1. We had friends with a goat dairy when I was little. All the babies were bottle fed and each Spring my dad used to drop us into the kid pen full of a dozen babies and they would tackle us and suck on any part they could get a hold of, ears being the ones guaranteed to make us squeal the loudest. I would love lover love to bring the girls out to experience a little of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love it! Let's make a date for next week after school when Ella gets back? Let's snuggle goats!!!! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete