Thursday, December 20, 2012

Edd and Edwina.

Today was one of my special gal's 97th birthday.  I packed her up some goodies, and Joe came along with me to chat on the back porch with her husband Edd while I sang to Edwina.  Their conversation ranged from fishing, to hunting, to gall stones.  Edd gave Joe a hat from his hat pile, and I searched for Edwina's dentures...which were hiding inside a pair of pantyhose underneath the bed (she didn't lose them, she put them someplace special ;).  Their little dog Meghan (who sports a severe under bite), sat on Edd's lap and got brushed...so content.  Things got really exciting when Edd reached behind the couch and started pulling out his hunting rifles - one, after another, after another after another...Joe was in hog heaven, and so was Edd to have someone to share it all with.  The house is heated with a wood stove, which Edd chops and stacks himself, so Joe and I filled the car with the scent of campfire as we left.

Cuddos to Jojo Buns, what a sweet way to spend a gloomy day in the mitten.



Day #20, Silent Night by the Zeglis and Cesarz Clan...enjoy!!


xoxo, e.

No comments:

Post a Comment