Monday, December 17, 2012

Here We Go A Caroling.



My friend Allison suggested that we take the kids caroling at the local nursing home.  I called ahead, and they had little gatherings of folks waiting for us in each dining room.  My lord, there is nothing like watching senior citizens smile giddily at children (and Joe) singing carols and hymns.  The staff was so grateful that they brought us big styrofoam cups of grape juice (which tasted and looked suspiciously like prune juice).

We then came home and had a Polich feast that my mom sent with us yesterday...kielbasa, mom's homemade pierogi's, Joe's fresh horseradish... (my arteries are clogging as we speak, but it was well worth it).   Then we Christmas crafted out booties off.  The kids made candles for their teachers in mason jars, and then we all pitched in and made lip balm with my bees wax.  (I'll do a post on that later).

Thank you to Samantha and Austin for stepping up to the plate and singing
Day #17 of the Christmas Carol Blog Extravaganza!
This is truly lovely!


xoxo, e.

No comments:

Post a Comment